grill brush http://kplu.org en Tacoma man not alone with grill brush horror story http://kplu.org/post/tacoma-man-not-alone-grill-brush-horror-story <p>Federal regulators are looking into a health hazard that sent a Tacoma man to the hospital over the weekend.</p><p>Adam Wojtanowicz ate a grilled steak, and ended up in surgery. It had nothing to do with the meat, or even cooking with fire &ndash; no, Wojtanowicz actually ingested a metal bristle from the wire brush used to clean the grill. That little whisker of steel <a href="http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6126a4.htm?s_cid=mm6126a4_w">can wreak havoc </a>on the digestive system, puncturing intestines or other organs.&nbsp;</p><p>It turns out to be a rare but not unique injury. Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:00:00 +0000 Gabriel Spitzer 5565 at http://kplu.org Tacoma man not alone with grill brush horror story