Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Jason Parker is a Seattle-based jazz trumpet player, educator and writer. His band, The Jason Parker Quartet, was hailed by Earshot Jazz as "The next generation of Seattle jazz."
Jason has been involved in the jazz world all his life, after a concert by Dizzy Gillespie at his elementary school prompted him to pick up the trumpet for the first time. He's been playing jazz and other music ever since, has a long history in radio, and is currently teaching jazz to middle and high school students at University Prep.
The JPQ has produced five CDs, the latest of which features compositions by Seattle jazz musicians. Hear the music and learn more about Jason at jasonparkermusic.com.