Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Marysville-Pilchuck High Student Kills 1, Injures 4 Before Taking Own Life
- Listen: The Moment That Inspired A Seattle Man To Sideline His Business And Help The Homeless
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Sheriff: School Shooter Invited Friends To Meet In Cafeteria Before Opening Fire
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Kyle Stokes covers the issues facing kids and the policies impacting Washington's schools for KPLU.
Kyle joined KPLU after nearly three years covering education in Bloomington, Ind., where he helped launch a reporting collaboration between NPR and member station WFIU. His work for that project, called StateImpact Indiana, earned him a National Edward R. Murrow Award from the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA), along with recognitions from the Online News Association and Public Radio News Directors Incorporated (PRNDI).
Kyle earned his degree from the Missouri School of Journalism. He worked in Columbia, Mo., as a producer for NPR member station KBIA and a reporter for NBC affiliate KOMU. He graduated in 2011.
The Minneapolis native is hopelessly devoted to his Minnesota Twins — sorry, M's fans. Try your luck hooking him on the Sounders, though.