Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Erotic Bakery, A Decades-Old Institution, To Close Its Doors
- 'Wait Wait' Host Peter Sagal Talks Comedy, News And What It's Like To Run In Seattle
- Missing Section Of Nez Perce Trail Holds Little-Known Part Of History
- Killing Comes Naturally To Chimps, Scientists Say
- Kids Sick With Suspected Enterovirus Hospitalized At Seattle Children's Hospital
News & Music Contributors
Martha is a web journalist, a lover of books, and a midnight cook.
Prior to joining KPLU in March 2013, Martha spent six years on the digital team of KOMO News, reporting and producing stories for the station's website. Starting in July 2011, she also led the station's social media efforts, increasing the news outlet's digital reach exponentially and establishing KOMO as a regional powerhouse.
Martha has worked as a news writer at Northwest Cable News, and as a freelancer at WLS-TV in Chicago. She attended the University of Missouri School of Journalism while working as a TV news producer and reporter at KOMU-TV in Columbia, Missouri. In the spring of 2013, she was awarded the Kiplinger Fellowship by Ohio State University's Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Journalism.