Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Marysville-Pilchuck High Student Kills 1, Injures 4 Before Taking Own Life
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Listen: The Moment That Inspired A Seattle Man To Sideline His Business And Help The Homeless
- Sheriff: School Shooter Invited Friends To Meet In Cafeteria Before Opening Fire
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Nick began working at KPLU as a program host in the late 1980’s and, with the exception of a relatively brief hiatus, has been with the station ever since. Along with his work as a Midday Jazz host, Nick worked for several years as KPLU’s Music Director. He is now the station’s Production Manager and also serves as a fill-in host on KPLU’s jazz and blues programs.
Among his many memorable KPLU moments, Nick vividly recalls his pleasure and amazement when jazz guitarist, Larry Coryell, visited the studios during his program and performed a solo, acoustic guitar version of George Gershwin’s ‘Rhapsody In Blue.’ It still stands as one of the most wonderful live music performances he’s ever seen.