Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
It’s never too late to dream, or to follow that dream… Philadelphia native Ruby Brown was in health care in her mid-thirties; but it wasn’t her heart’s work. So - back to school. At Evergreen State College Ruby pursued her dream – radio. Ruby helped Olympia’s KAOS for 5 years as on-air host and staff. After graduation she went to a major Seattle station for another 5 years. Commercials never warmed Ruby's heart, so she returned to public radio with KPLU. Currently Ruby hosts Jazz Sunday Side Up (11am-2pm Sundays) and occasionally fills in on other jazz shows at KPLU.
Her most memorable KPLU moment – hearing from a listener overseas and realizing she was bringing her work worldwide.