Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
It’s never too late to dream, or to follow that dream… Philadelphia native Ruby Brown was in health care in her mid-thirties; but it wasn’t her heart’s work. So - back to school. At Evergreen State College Ruby pursued her dream – radio. Ruby helped Olympia’s KAOS for 5 years as on-air host and staff. After graduation she went to a major Seattle station for another 5 years. Commercials never warmed Ruby's heart, so she returned to public radio with KPLU. Currently Ruby hosts Jazz Sunday Side Up (11am-2pm Sundays) and occasionally fills in on other jazz shows at KPLU.
Her most memorable KPLU moment – hearing from a listener overseas and realizing she was bringing her work worldwide.