Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Boeing 'eye candy'
10 scenes from aviation history in Boeing’s iPad app
Boeing launched its new iPad app today – 'Milestones in Innovation.’ The app is free and available on iTunes.
The app carries images and information from nine decades of aviation innovation. You can find 10 of those moments in the story below.
"This is the history of Boeing as a digital coffee table book," said Fritz Johnston, Boeing's vice president of brand and advertising, said in a press release.
Here are 10 screen grabs from the new app:
Starting with Bill Boeing founding the company in 1916 and culminating with first delivery of the 787 Dreamliner, the free app depicts advances that have transformed the world of aviation and made Boeing what it is today. The app also includes four videos from Boeing's "Inspiration to Innovation" series (www.boeing.com/stories).