Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Tue October 18, 2011
13-year sentence for murder of girl, 15, in Burien
KENT, Wash. — A Burien teen who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder for shooting his girlfriend was sentenced Monday in Kent to 13 years in prison.
Matthew Dubois was 16 when he shot 15-year-old Mikarah "Tinky" Sanders in the face on New Year's Eve in 2009 in Burien.
KIRO-TV reports Dubois didn't like a comment a former boyfriend left Sanders on her MySpace page.
Police said Dubois shot himself in the shoulder afterward and claimed that another man had shot both teens.