Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 3, 2012
2 Bellingham dogs die from eating mushrooms
BELLINGHAM, Wash. – A Bellingham couple whose dogs died from eating mushrooms in their yard want others to know about the danger to pets.
Renee and Bill Bliss were away from home Nov. 2 when their adult son Dustin found one of their pugs dead and the other in bad shape with vomiting and diarrhea. It was later put down.
The Bellingham Herald reports tests confirmed their dogs Milo and Maggie had eaten poisonous mushrooms.
Renee Bliss says people with mushrooms in their yard should take steps to protect pets and small children.