Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 16, 2011
2 Renton officers demoted for cartoon posted on YouTube
Two Renton officers have been demoted for posting a cartoon to YouTube that makes fun of the staff and policies of a new jail in South King County.
Deputy Police Chief, Charles Marsalisi and police sergeant Bill Judd, were each knocked down a rank after their involvement in the video came to light.
The cartoon- which is almost 9 minutes long and has more than 7,000 views, so far – features a clown as the jail’s incompetent employee who refuses to admit a suspect brought in by Police.
Judd, now an officer, asked Marsalisi for advice on how to post the cartoon online anonymously. Marsalisi apparently complied, telling him to use the library.
In a statement, Police Chief Kevin Milosevich said the video “publicly demeaned and ridiculed certain department staff” and added, that it is detrimental to relationship between the Police Department and the regional jail.