Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Wed April 18, 2012
2 Wash. teens compete on MTV dance show
TACOMA, Wash. — Two Washington teens are competing on MTV's reality dance competition show.
The News-Tribune reports 13-year-old Alex Porter of Graham and 15-year-old Bailey Anderson of Tacoma are two members of the Mukilteo-based Rated Next Generation. The teens are in Los Angeles taping shows this week for "America's Best Dance Crew."
Ten dance teams are competing for a $100,000 prize.
Porter has been dancing since the age 3 and has been a member of the group for two yhears.
Anderson also has been with RNG for two years and the Stadium High School sophomore has been dancing since he was 6.
The TV show isn't the only chance for fame for the Mukilteo dance group. They are going to be featured in a dance film, "Battlefield America," which is scheduled to be in theaters June 1.