Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed December 22, 2010
2010's best cookbooks include some local gems
Picture your favorite cookbook, and how you have come to savor the experience of its splendor. This week’s Food for Thought reveals new favorites that rank in that class, and Nancy and Dick are naming their top picks, in time for Christmas.
(Listen to Food for Thought by clicking the audio 'play' arrow above)
Their review of the best cookbooks of 2010 includes offerings by local chefs Lisa Dupar, Ethan Stowell and Cynthia Nims.
But wait! There’s more to enjoy, as Nancy reveals her favorites from the French, Italian, Asian and Indian-inspired tables.
The 2o10 cookbook that's Nancy's greatest indulgent pleasure? Dorie Greenspan's “Around My French Table.”
These cookbooks are great gift ideas, even after Christmas has passed, because, as Dick reminds us, “It’s never too late for a good cookbook!”
Check out the links to the cookbooks Nancy and Dick recommend: