Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Seattle hempfest 2011
20th Hempfest draws crowd to Seattle park
The 20th Seattle Hempfest opened at noon Friday in a park on the Seattle waterfront.
(Photo gallery from Friday afternoon inside.)
Myrtle Edwards Park buzzed with a crowd drawn to a collection of speakers, vendors and bands at the "cannabis policy reform event." It's a political rally, concert and arts and crafts fair all rolled up into one.
Supporters hope it will grow the budding movement to decriminalize marijuana and endorse the benefits of the drug and hemp products.
Hempfest runs through Sunday.