Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Seattle hempfest 2011
Fri August 19, 2011
20th Hempfest draws crowd to Seattle park
The 20th Seattle Hempfest opened at noon Friday in a park on the Seattle waterfront.
(Photo gallery from Friday afternoon inside.)
Myrtle Edwards Park buzzed with a crowd drawn to a collection of speakers, vendors and bands at the "cannabis policy reform event." It's a political rally, concert and arts and crafts fair all rolled up into one.
Supporters hope it will grow the budding movement to decriminalize marijuana and endorse the benefits of the drug and hemp products.
Hempfest runs through Sunday.