Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
$290 million levy for Seattle waterfront seawall
The Seattle City Council votes next week whether to put a $290 million levy on the Nov. 6 ballot to pay for a new seawall along Elliott Bay.
A council committee recommended the move Monday in favor of the 30-year bond.
The Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce reports (http://is.gd/YBrumz) the seawall is needed to support a new surface road after the Alaskan Way Viaduct is removed.
If the levy passes, the owner of a $360,000 home would pay $59 a year.