Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
3 aircraft carriers could be sharing Bremerton
BREMERTON, Wash. — Three aircraft carriers could end up at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard at the same time in the next couple of months.
The Kitsap Sun reports a $239 million overhaul of the USS Nimitz won't be completed by the end of the year as expected. The Navy says it will move to its new home port in Everett sometime in February.
The USS Reagan is heading in for a $218 million overhaul. It's home port change from San Diego is scheduled for January.
Meanwhile, the USS Stennis that departed Bremerton in July for a seven-month deployment is due to return by the end of February.