Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Evening Jazz Host
Sunday Side Up Jazz Host
Business and Labor Reporter
Online Managing Editor
Morning Edition Host
All Blues Host
Midday Jazz Host
Saturday Jazz Matinee Host
All Things Considered Host
Production Manager/ Jazz & Blues Host
Morning Edition Producer
Health & Science Reporter / Assistant News Director
Midday Jazz Host
Law & Justice Reporter
Festivals and events
Fri October 7, 2011
3 events for the weekend
By Joshua Kinne
Welcome October and Fall weather with three events around Seattle and Tacoma this weekend. Experience some classic funk and banging drums in Seattle, and local arts and entertainment in Tacoma.
- If you’re looking to get out of the rain, but still get wet, October 7th marks the kick off of the critically acclaimed Blue Man Group’s 9 day stay in Seattle. This is the second stop on their 2011 North American Tour. They will be performing at Seattle’s Paramount Theater.
- From the classic funk group Sly & the Family Stone, check out The Family Stone this weekend at Dimitriou’s Jazz Alley in Seattle. They have been hailed as one of the first major American Rock bands to have an integrated and multi-gender lineup and will be performing until Sunday October 9th. Tickets are $26.50 at the door.
- In Tacoma this weekend, experience local arts, culture and a wide variety of events at the yearly Fall Free for All festival. From music and to theater, to film and magic, check out The Fall Free for All festival at various venues throughout Tacoma and the Broadway Center for the Performing Arts.