Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Evening Jazz Host
Sunday Side Up Jazz Host
Business and Labor Reporter
Online Managing Editor
Morning Edition Host
All Blues Host
Midday Jazz Host
Saturday Jazz Matinee Host
All Things Considered Host
Production Manager/ Jazz & Blues Host
Morning Edition Producer
Health & Science Reporter / Assistant News Director
Midday Jazz Host
Law & Justice Reporter
Festivals and Events
3 events for the weekend: Jingle in Seattle, Folk music and comedy
By Joshua Kinne
Looking for something to do this weekend? From holiday charity to folk music to classic Shakespeare, there's lots to do this weekend in Seattle and Tacoma!
- Run, walk, celebrate and help benefit the Arthritis Foundation this weekend at the Seattle Jingle Bell Run. Day of registration is Sunday at 6:45AM. Kids can go for a run or walk with Santa and the Elves. Funds will go to the Arthritis Foundation, helping prevent, control and cure arthritis.
- From the 12-6pm this Sunday at Town Hall Seattle is the second annual Seattle Folk Festival. The first two hours are especially family friendly, so don't be afraid to bring children. Tickets at the door, children under 12 get in for free.
- This weekend Pacific Lutheran University performs A Midsummer Night's Dream, December 7-11, 7:30-10PM. Written by one of the most beloved dramatists of all time, William Shakespeare, this classic comedy explores the dangers and exhilarations of dreams, the power and nature of desire and the "the course of true love," which "never did run smooth." For tickets call 253-535-7411.