Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
JBLM Soldier Death
Mon October 7, 2013
3 JBLM Soldiers Jailed in Fatal Stabbing of Fellow Soldier
Three Washington-based soldiers are in jail in connection with the stabbing death of a fellow soldier over the weekend. The arrests came after the soldier who allegedly wielded the knife sought medical treatment for a cut to his hand.
Police say the murder took place off base following an exchange of words between two groups of Joint Base Lewis-McChord servicemen. The roadside argument seemed to end peacefully once everyone realized they were fellow soldiers.
But Lakewood Police Lt. Chris Lawler says as the groups were about to go their separate ways, one of the soldiers wrapped his arms around the victim in “what looked like a bear hug and stabbed this victim.”
Lawler says the motive is unclear, although race does not appear to be a factor as originally reported.
The victim has been identified as Spc. Tevin Geike of Summerville, South Carolina. He was assigned to a combat aviation brigade.
The suspect joined the military this year and has not deployed. Police jailed two other soldiers who were also present.