Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Evening Jazz Host
Sunday Side Up Jazz Host
Business and Labor Reporter
Online Managing Editor
Morning Edition Host
All Blues Host
Midday Jazz Host
Saturday Jazz Matinee Host
All Things Considered Host
Production Manager/ Jazz & Blues Host
Morning Edition Producer
Health & Science Reporter / Assistant News Director
Midday Jazz Host
Law & Justice Reporter
Festivals and Events
Fri December 2, 2011
3 things this weekend: Jazz and holiday celebration
By Joshua Kinne
Thanksgiving is over, but the holiday season is just beginning. This weekend has some exciting stuff in store. Legendary Jazz pianist Chick Corea is in town and much, more!
- The Nutcracker is playing all over with the holidays right around the corner. For our friends in B.C., pay a visit to the Royal Theater in Victoria. The Nutcracker will be there from Friday-Sunday. Tickets are $25 online. Seattle’s own annual Nutcracker ballet runs all month and tickets are available for all showings on the PNB website.
- The Seattle Radio Theater is gearing up for it’s annual Miracle on 34th Street at Town Hall Seattle on the 4th. John Maynard, weekly contributor on KPLU’s Record Bin Roulette, will be performing! Don’t miss this annual event!
- Chick Corea dropped by KPLU for a live studio session. If you missed this rare performance (of even if you didn't), Corea is playing at Dimitriou’s Jazz Alley in Seattle all weekend until the 4th. Get tickets for this Jazz legend online at the Jazz Alley website or at the door.