Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Festivals and events
Fri August 19, 2011
4 events for the weekend
Geek out but don't freak out.
From a full day of tech-related street-fair exhibits and speakers in Seattle to a celebration of one of the most ancient musical instruments at a state park near Des Moines, you can experience the full range of human cultural endeavors this weekend.
- Ignite Seattle and Dorkbot have put together a street fair and list of speakers for all of the area’s makers, geeks, DIY builders and garage hackers and the simply curious.
- Milton Days is a celebration of heritage and future – citizens, employees, businesses, and partners join together bringing entertainment and events to city parks for a fantastic two day family event.
- Seattle Public Theater at The Bathhouse: A Midsummer Night's Dream – Run away to the Roaring 20s, as 4 lovers flee the oversight of their elders to a nightclub called the Woods …
Flute Quest at Saltwater State Park – One of the sites throughout the United States honoring the third oldest instrument in the world, the Native American flute.