Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
5 reasons not to panic about the bird flu experiments
The scientific community is in serious kerfuffle right now about whether or not to publish the details of certain bird flu virus experiments.
Angry words are flying back and forth between experts – much like the proverbial behavior of chickens with their heads cut off. One commentator for Scientific American has even suggested banning all such research.
It’s all a bit much, and probably not good for science or for our global health. I would like to offer five reasons not to panic.