Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
News & Music Contributors
Wed November 23, 2011
7 mudslides affect Seattle-to-Everett train travel
Seven mudslides between Everett and Seattle are affecting passenger train travel
Burlington Northern Santa Fe spokesman Gus Melonas says the railroad on Wednesday morning put a moratorium on passenger train service between Everett and Seattle. For safety reasons, no passenger trains will move on those tracks until at least Friday morning.
Freight is still moving on BNSF tracks. And the railroad had crews removing debris and digging ditches as the rain continued to fall on Wednesday.