Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Wed November 23, 2011
7 mudslides affect Seattle-to-Everett train travel
Seven mudslides between Everett and Seattle are affecting passenger train travel
Burlington Northern Santa Fe spokesman Gus Melonas says the railroad on Wednesday morning put a moratorium on passenger train service between Everett and Seattle. For safety reasons, no passenger trains will move on those tracks until at least Friday morning.
Freight is still moving on BNSF tracks. And the railroad had crews removing debris and digging ditches as the rain continued to fall on Wednesday.