Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Wed June 27, 2012
7 shot outside Federal Way bar, 1 dies
FEDERAL WAY, Wash. — Police say they have accounted for everyone involved in a shootout outside a Federal Way bar that left one man dead and six other people wounded.
Deputy Chief Andy Hwang says there was a violent argument outside Johnny's Famous Grill and Bar after closing time early Wednesday and at least two men fired shots.
One 23-year-old fell dead on the sidewalk. The other man and five other wounded people went to three hospitals. Hwang says a woman is most seriously wounded. The others are expected to recover. All are in their 20s or 30s. There may have been other shooters.
Hwang says the motive for the shooting, including whether it's gang-related, remains under investigation.
Upset relatives of the dead man remained at the shooting scene through the morning.