Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Wed June 27, 2012
7 shot outside Federal Way bar, 1 dies
FEDERAL WAY, Wash. — Police say they have accounted for everyone involved in a shootout outside a Federal Way bar that left one man dead and six other people wounded.
Deputy Chief Andy Hwang says there was a violent argument outside Johnny's Famous Grill and Bar after closing time early Wednesday and at least two men fired shots.
One 23-year-old fell dead on the sidewalk. The other man and five other wounded people went to three hospitals. Hwang says a woman is most seriously wounded. The others are expected to recover. All are in their 20s or 30s. There may have been other shooters.
Hwang says the motive for the shooting, including whether it's gang-related, remains under investigation.
Upset relatives of the dead man remained at the shooting scene through the morning.