Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Thu May 31, 2012
911 tapes of Seattle shootings: 'People are bleeding all over'
Police have released 911 tapes from a shooting spree that left five people dead in Seattle, including one from a man who phoned authorities from inside the bathroom of a cafe where a gunman opened fire.
In the recordings, the man tells a dispatcher that someone "shot a bunch of people" at Cafe Racer near the University of Washington and that "people are bleeding all over the place."
Here are links to the audio provide by Seattle police:
- 911 Call from Cafe Racer
- 911 Call from 8th and Seneca
- West Seattle Officer Audio (Note: there are moments of silence in audio)
The man pleads with the dispatcher to send help. The dispatcher says help is on the way, then tries to get a more detailed description of the gunman.
Police say 40-year-old Ian Lee Stawicki killed four people Wednesday at Cafe Racer, then fled and later killed a female motorist during carjacking. He killed himself hours later.