Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Aberdeen biodiesel plant humming 24 hours a day
ABERDEEN, Wash. – A biodiesel plant at Aberdeen is operating 24 hours a day, producing fuel using canola oil from Canada.
The Daily World of Aberdeen reports the 4-year-old Imperium Renewables has recovered from struggles the past couple of years thanks to markets in Oregon and Canada driven by environmental standards.
The plant employs 42 people. It was designed to produce 100 million gallons a year.
The CEO of the Seattle-based company, John Plaza, says it plans a $250 million expansion of the Grays Harbor plant if it wins a long-term contract to provide bio-jet fuel to the military.