Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Wed August 10, 2011
Aberdeen biodiesel plant humming 24 hours a day
ABERDEEN, Wash. – A biodiesel plant at Aberdeen is operating 24 hours a day, producing fuel using canola oil from Canada.
The Daily World of Aberdeen reports the 4-year-old Imperium Renewables has recovered from struggles the past couple of years thanks to markets in Oregon and Canada driven by environmental standards.
The plant employs 42 people. It was designed to produce 100 million gallons a year.
The CEO of the Seattle-based company, John Plaza, says it plans a $250 million expansion of the Grays Harbor plant if it wins a long-term contract to provide bio-jet fuel to the military.