Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Advertising will be allowed in Seattle schools
The Seattle School Board voted Wednesday night to allow some commercial advertising on school grounds.
The vote reverses a ban that was imposed in 2004.
KIRO-FM reports ads now will be allowed at high school sports fields, on scoreboards and on wall calendars.
The type of ads would be tightly regulated, reports MyNorthwest.com. A district spokeswoman told the news stie that the advertising alone could bring in an estimated $20,000 a year.
The ad revenue will go into student activities and the district's general fund.