Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Wed November 20, 2013
Ala. State Officials Wooing Boeing 777X Plant
State and local leaders are working to lure a Boeing Co. aircraft assembly plant to the Huntsville area.
Gov. Robert Bentley, Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle and economic developers met Tuesday in Birmingham with representatives of the aircraft manufacturer.
Battle says Huntsville is one of several cities being considered for a 777X assembly site, and Bentley says the company likes Alabama.
Boeing said it would look for a new location to build the airplane after union members rejected a proposed contract in Seattle last week.
A gubernatorial aide in Washington state has said that state will likely get competition from places including Alabama, where unions have less of a foothold.
Boeing executives say a decision on a manufacturing location could come by early next year.
corporate tax breaks