Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
- Hugs And Kisses For XO Sauce, The Mommy Of All Umami
News & Music Contributors
13.7: Cosmos And Culture
Sun December 22, 2013
The Amazing Snow Art Of Simon Beck
Originally published on Sun December 22, 2013 7:10 am
As a good portion of the country grapples with snow, here's a fresh way to think about those accumulating — and sometimes aggravating — inches of pure whiteness: as art canvas. That's how Simon Beck sees them.
High in the French Alps, this English artist walks on snowshoes for miles, sometimes for 10 hours at a time, to create huge, intricate patterns in the snow. As this five-minute video shows, the results are breath-taking.
I love Beck's blending of art and landscape. "The mountains improve the artwork," he says. "And the artwork improves the mountains."