Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Amazon founder Bezos gives Seattle museum $10 million
A Seattle history museum says Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos has given the institution a $10 million gift.
It's the largest donation in the 59-year history of the Museum of History and Industry. The money will be used to establish a "Center for Innovation" at the new home of the museum, which is set to open in fall 2012.
The new location of the museum is a few blocks from the new Amazon.com campus in Seattle's South Lake Union neighborhood.
The new innovation exhibit will focus on Seattle's history as a center for industrial innovation, dating back to Henry Yesler's steam-powered sawmill.