Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Jazz and Blues
Sun November 3, 2013
Anthony Wilson's Power of Nine on Jazz Northwest
Guitarist Anthony Wilson leads his nonet on Jazz Northwest, Sunday, November 3 at 2 PM (PDT) on 88.5 KPLU. The concert was recorded at Centrum's Jazz Port Townsend last summer. Truly an all-star aggregation, the group includes Terell Stafford, trumpet, Jiggs Whigham, trombone, Jeff Clayton, alto sax & flute, Anat Cohen, tenor sax and clarinet, Gary Smulyan, baritone sax, Gerald Clayton, piano, Joe Sanders, bass and Matt Wilson, drums. All were on the faculty for the Jazz Port Townsend Jazz Workshop which took place the week leading up to the festival.
Music on the program includes a couple of classics, and two contemporary pieces, one an original by Anthony Wilson who has recorded four CDs with this instrumentation as well as three more an organ trio. He has also toured and recorded as a member of the Diana Krall group.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU. The program is also streamed live at kplu.org and is available as a podcast.