Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Fri June 6, 2014
Attorney: Suspect In Seattle Pacific Univ. Shooting Sorry
The attorney for a man suspected of killing one student in a shooting rampage at a small Seattle university says he's sorry for the suffering he has caused.
Public defender Ramona Brandes says Aaron Ybarra is on suicide watch at the jail.
She says he has longstanding mental health issues and has been treated and medicated in the past, though she did not know his specific diagnoses.
Brandes says she'll be exploring those mental-health issues as she moves forward with his case.
Ybarra is scheduled to make an initial appearance in a jail courtroom Friday afternoon.
Brandes says Ybarra wants to apologize for the "suffering he has caused."