Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Autopsy confirms suicide of Seattle shootings suspect
The King County medical examiner's office has confirmed that a man blamed for a massacre at a Seattle arts cafe and a fatal carjacking killed himself as police closed in.
The medical examiner said Friday that 40-year-old Ian Stawicki died of a contact handgun wound to the head.
Four people were fatally shot Wednesday at Cafe Racer and 52-year-old Gloria Leonidas of Bellevue was shot and killed a short time later when her SUV was carjacked. A cafe employee is recovering from gunshot wounds.
Cafe victims formally identified so far include: 36-year-old Kimberly Layfield, 49-year-old Drew Keriakedes and 52-year-old Joseph Albanese.
A medical examiner's spokeswoman said details on a fourth person killed at the cafe, a man, are expected Monday.