Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Mon April 15, 2013
Ballard Jazz Festival featured on Jazz Northwest on 4/14
April is Jazz Appreciation Month, and it's being celebrated with three jazz festivals around Seattle this month. On this week's Jazz Northwest we'll preview The Ballard Jazz Festival with over 60 musicians performing in various locations around Ballard, April 17-20. Included are The Brotherhood of the Drum, The Guitar Summit, and The Ballard Jazz Walk with a dozen locations featuring many of Seattle's favorite jazz artists. The Festival concludes with the mainstage event at the Nordic Heritage Museum featuring Gary Bartz with the George Colligan Trio, and the Lew Soloff Quartet.
Two more jazz festivals take place the last weekend of April are the Seattle Women in Jazz Festival April 26-28 in various locations, and the UW Improvised Music Festival, April 27-27 at the Chapel Performance Space. The Bellevue Jazz Festival is coming May 20-June 2.
Jazz Northwest is produced and hosted by Jim Wilke exclusively for KPLU. It airs and streams every Sunday afternoon at 2 PM PDT, and is available as a streamable podcast following the broadcast.
Next week: an Art of Jazz concert from The Seattle Art Museum featuring the Chuck Deardorf-Dave Peterson Group (April 21).