Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 23, 2011
Ballard Locks closed for inspection today
The Ballard Locks in Seattle are closing from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday so divers can inspect structures that divert salmon to the fish ladder.
The Corps of Engineers says both the large locks and small locks will be closed, so boaters will have to wait to travel between Puget Sound and the Lake Washington Ship Canal.