Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
'Band of Brothers' soldier dies at 90 in Washington
BURLINGTON, Wash. — A veteran whose World War II exploits were depicted in the HBO miniseries "Band of Brothers," has died, his family said.
Lynn D. "Buck" Compton died Saturday in Burlington, Wash., after having a heart attack last month, the family told the Los Angeles Times.
In January, nearly 200 guests, including actors from the miniseries, attended his 90th birthday party, the Skagit Valley Herald reported.
Lynn Compton also is remembered for his legal career in California. He headed the team that prosecuted Sirhan B. Sirhan for the slaying of Robert F. Kennedy.