Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Tue February 28, 2012
'Band of Brothers' soldier dies at 90 in Washington
BURLINGTON, Wash. — A veteran whose World War II exploits were depicted in the HBO miniseries "Band of Brothers," has died, his family said.
Lynn D. "Buck" Compton died Saturday in Burlington, Wash., after having a heart attack last month, the family told the Los Angeles Times.
In January, nearly 200 guests, including actors from the miniseries, attended his 90th birthday party, the Skagit Valley Herald reported.
Lynn Compton also is remembered for his legal career in California. He headed the team that prosecuted Sirhan B. Sirhan for the slaying of Robert F. Kennedy.