Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Tue February 28, 2012
'Band of Brothers' soldier dies at 90 in Washington
BURLINGTON, Wash. — A veteran whose World War II exploits were depicted in the HBO miniseries "Band of Brothers," has died, his family said.
Lynn D. "Buck" Compton died Saturday in Burlington, Wash., after having a heart attack last month, the family told the Los Angeles Times.
In January, nearly 200 guests, including actors from the miniseries, attended his 90th birthday party, the Skagit Valley Herald reported.
Lynn Compton also is remembered for his legal career in California. He headed the team that prosecuted Sirhan B. Sirhan for the slaying of Robert F. Kennedy.