Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Music and Festivals
Thu June 23, 2011
B.C.’s biggest and most acclaimed music festival
"If this isn't the best jazz festival in the world, please send us tickets to a better one."
~Paul de Barros, The Seattle Times
Vancouver's signature festival and British Columbia's biggest music showcase will animate the city for ten days, June 24 - July 3.
From noon to the wee small hours, a rich tapestry of jazz, blues, funk, Latin, fusion, electronica and world music will fill the air at venues big and small, indoor and outdoor across the city.
By taking the music to concert halls, parks, community spaces, clubs, public plazas and neighborhood streets, the Jazz Festival electrifies Vancouver with over 400 concerts and stirs the souls of more than 500,000 people each year.
The festival will feature more than 1800 musicians from Canada and around the world performing at over 40 venues citywide.
There will be approximately 150 free concerts including Gastown Jazz on opening weekend (June 24-25), Canada Day on Granville Island, and the Jazz at the Roundhouse & David Lam Park free concert extravaganza on closing weekend (July 2-3).