Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Thu October 27, 2011
Bellingham police: Man severed own arm with guillotine
BELLINGHAM, Wash. — Bellingham police say a man who walked into a medical clinic with his right arm severed has indicated he cut his own limb off with a home-made guillotine.
Officers who checked a wooded area near the urology clinic Thursday found the severed arm and the guillotine in a transient camp. The victim and the arm were taken first to St. Joseph Hospital in Bellingham.
Police spokesman Mark Young says the man was later airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in hopes the limb could be reattached. Young tells The Bellingham Herald the arm was severed above the elbow.
The victim was not identified and his condition was not immediately known.
Young says police will dismantle the guillotine.