Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed July 4, 2012
The best-ever way to slice a hot dog!
"How could I not have known about this?" My Food for Thought pard Nancy Leson echoed the very words I had thought when I discovered the Spiral Cut hot-dog. It's not only cool, it's so easy to do.
Here, courtesy of Chow.com is an easy-to-follow video on how to spiral-cut a hot dog.
If you're just back from watching the video please know that Food for Thought does not now, nor has it ever promoted the use of ketchup on hot-dogs. Please condiment responsibly. Now back to the show.
Why Spiral Cut a hot dog?
1. Spiral cutting yields extra surface to be exposed to the kiss of the coals. More caramelization = more flavor.
2. Spiral cuts mean more little crevices for that Kryptonite-green relish to nestle in.
3. The springy nature of a Spiral-Cut dog allows you to stretch it to fit the bun. No more dog-less bun-bites.
"A hot dog at the ball park is better than a steak at the Ritz."
– Humphrey Bogart