Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Why Jazz Fans Shouldn't Be So Quick To Dismiss Pop Music
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
News & Music Contributors
Fri January 28, 2011
Bill Gates gives, and gets, more money for polio eradication
Bill and Melinda Gates are big believers in vaccines and in the benefit of eradicating, rather than simply controlling, those human diseases that have the potential for being completely wiped out.
Today, Gates and British Prime Minister David Cameron announced a combined new donation of $166 million in support of the global polio eradication campaign.