Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Bill Gates says he was nervous addressing G20
Talking to the BBC about global health and poverty, Bill Gates also discussed the issue of the Greek crisis overwhelming the G20 talks and how nervous he was because of the opportunity to move the agenda of nations.
“These leaders all do care. They all want a legacy of having helped improve not just their own country but the world at large. And really making it concrete for them that by backing new vaccines by keeping their aid level high that they could make a huge difference
“I felt that I had that chance and so I wanted to do the best I could .. I have to admit I was a bit nervous
BBC Interviewer: “Really? A man like you nervous? I find that hard to believe."
“It doesn’t happen very often but it was such a unique chance to say that despite all these short term problems that they need to keep in mind the needs of the poorest ...”