Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Thu October 6, 2011
Body Identified As Missing Oregon Teen's
SALEM, Ore. – Police say a body found in the woods west of Corvallis, Oregon is missing teenager Cody Myers. The 19-year-old from Lafayette, Oregon disappeared over the weekend while traveling to the coast for a jazz festival. Police say the cause of death was, quote, "homicidal violence."
California State Police captured two people wanted in connection to Myers' death north of Sacramento on Wednesday. The couple was also sought in connection to the murder of an Everett, Washington woman.
Cody Myers' mother, Susan Myers, spoke to reporters outside Oregon State Police headquarters in Salem.
"Cody was devoted to his family. He would have done anything for anybody to help anybody," she said. "He had passion for life, for God, for his beliefs. He didn't deserve this."
The two suspects have not been charged with Myers' murder. Oregon State Police Lieutenant Gregg Hastings says David Joseph Pederson and Holly Ann Grigsby are considered persons of interest.
The two are being held in California on lesser charges until investigators decide how to proceed with the case.
Copyright 2011 Northwest News Network