Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Wed March 23, 2011
Boeing Company hiring 100 people a week
Here's some good news in a down economy. Michelle Dunlop writes in The Herald of Everett that Boeing is hiring 100 people a week and has been doing it for the past several months.
To keep up with increasing demand for aircraft, Boeing plans to boost production rates across its plan programs in the Puget Sound region. Boeing and other aerospace companies have added 2,500 jobs in Snohomish County alone during the past year, acccording to the state Employment Security Department.
According to The Herald story, job applicants are a step ahead if they complete an 11-week certificate program at the Washington Aerospace Training and Research Center in Everett.
A Boeing spokesman tells The Herald if someone goes through the program and passes, they are guaranteed an interview.