Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Boeing Company hiring 100 people a week
Here's some good news in a down economy. Michelle Dunlop writes in The Herald of Everett that Boeing is hiring 100 people a week and has been doing it for the past several months.
To keep up with increasing demand for aircraft, Boeing plans to boost production rates across its plan programs in the Puget Sound region. Boeing and other aerospace companies have added 2,500 jobs in Snohomish County alone during the past year, acccording to the state Employment Security Department.
According to The Herald story, job applicants are a step ahead if they complete an 11-week certificate program at the Washington Aerospace Training and Research Center in Everett.
A Boeing spokesman tells The Herald if someone goes through the program and passes, they are guaranteed an interview.