Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Boeing employment in Washington highest since 1999
Boeing's payroll in Washington has risen to more than 82,000 workers.
That's up nearly 9,000 jobs since the end of 2010, and the highest Boeing employment in the state since 1999.
The News Tribune reports the company has more than regained the jobs Boeing cut after the 9-11 attacks. Companywide, Boeing employed nearly 172,000 workers at the end of February.
Boeing union contract