Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Tue April 16, 2013
Boston U.: Grad student killed in marathon attack
Boston University says a graduate student at the school was one of the three people killed in the bombings at the Boston Marathon.
The Chinese Consulate in New York added the third victim is a Chinese national.
In a statement late Tuesday afternoon, the school said it was not releasing the name or any other information about the student, pending permission from the family.
The statement said the student was with two friends who were watching the race at the finish line, not far from the university's campus. One of the friends, also a grad student at the university, was injured and is at Boston Medical Center in stable condition.
The two other victims who died have been identified as 8-year-old Martin Richard, of Boston, and 29-year-old Krystle Campbell, of Medford.
More than 170 people were injured.