Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Wed April 4, 2012
Boy in Bremerton school shooting: 'I'm sorry'
A 9-year-old boy who accidentally shot and seriously wounded a classmate in a Bremerton elementary school has written a letter apologizing to the little girl.
The letter written on ruled schoolbook paper says: "I'm sorry I hurt you because I brought a gun to school.... I wish everyone was okay."
The letter was part of the boy's sentencing when he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges stemming from the Feb. 22 shooting. His classmate, Amina Kocer-Bowman, was released from a hospital Tuesday. She nearly died after a.45-caliber handgun in the boy's backpack went off when he dropped his backpack on a desk.
The Kitsap County prosecutor has charged his mother and her boyfriend with felony assault, saying they negligently allowed the boy access to the gun. They have pleaded not guilty.