Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Wed April 4, 2012
Boy in Bremerton school shooting: 'I'm sorry'
A 9-year-old boy who accidentally shot and seriously wounded a classmate in a Bremerton elementary school has written a letter apologizing to the little girl.
The letter written on ruled schoolbook paper says: "I'm sorry I hurt you because I brought a gun to school.... I wish everyone was okay."
The letter was part of the boy's sentencing when he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges stemming from the Feb. 22 shooting. His classmate, Amina Kocer-Bowman, was released from a hospital Tuesday. She nearly died after a.45-caliber handgun in the boy's backpack went off when he dropped his backpack on a desk.
The Kitsap County prosecutor has charged his mother and her boyfriend with felony assault, saying they negligently allowed the boy access to the gun. They have pleaded not guilty.