Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Election 2012, Governor’s race
Candidate for Gov. Inslee releases economic plan for Washington
SPOKANE, Wash. — Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jay Inslee has released an economic development plan that focuses on six key industries.
Inslee told a news conference in Spokane on Monday that his plan focuses on aerospace, life sciences, the military, agriculture, information technology and clean energy.
Inslee says Washington needs to train workers for these industries, and his plan would pay for that in part by closing unproductive state tax loopholes and seeking savings on state health care costs.
Inslee, a congressman from the Puget Sound region, is seeking to replace Democratic governor Chris Gregoire.
On the Web: