Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Record Bin Roulette
Thu August 4, 2011
Can't do much about the weather but quote others about it
This we talk about the weather, but as usual, don't do anything about it ... except offer some favorite sayings for your amusement, starting with the classic, definitive bad opening line of all time:
It was a dark and stormy night.
– Edward Bulwer-Lytton
A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.
– Carl Reiner
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.
– Kin Hubbard
I am two with nature. – Woody Allen
It’s not nice to fool Mother Nature.
– Chiffon Margarine commercial
Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet. – Roger Miller
Spring is nature’s way of saying, “Let’s Party!”
– Robin Williams
Winter is nature’s way of saying, “Up Yours!”
– Robert Byrne
The Weather is here, wish you were beautiful.
– Jimmy Buffet
Speaking of heavy weather:
Every week on “Record bin Roulette,” KPLU’s John Kessler and John Maynard put an insightful and fun spin on a century's worth of discarded vinyl. The feature is published here and airs on KPLU 88.5 every Thursday during Morning Edition, All Things Considered and on Weekend Saturday Edition.