Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed January 23, 2013
Celebrating a super Seattle sushi chef
Daisuke Nakazawa was featured in the sushi documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
Nancy expressed surprise that I'd never eaten sushi before last Sunday. It wasn't really any big deal. We were leaving the Tacoma Pal Do World supermarket with a car full of Asian cooking supplies and she'd picked up a container of the little rice rolls to eat on the way home.
She offered me one. I asked "Is there raw fish in it?" She said no. I ate it. It was good. Maybe I'll try it again. Or maybe I'll try to make my own sushi.