Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- No Need To Presoak Beans For This Cheese Rind-Flavored Minestrone Recipe
News & Music Contributors
Tue June 4, 2013
Census: Redmond has highest commuter population boost in U.S.
During the business day, the city of Redmond, Wash. sees the nation’s biggest spike in population, according U.S. Census data.
The Seattle Times revealed that commuters increase Redmond’s population by 111.4 percent—the biggest increase seen in cities with a population of 50,000 or greater. The city has a population of 55,150.
Redmond is home to several large companies, including Microsoft and Nintendo. AT&T Wireless also has an office in the Eastside city.