Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Tue June 4, 2013
Census: Redmond has highest commuter population boost in U.S.
During the business day, the city of Redmond, Wash. sees the nation’s biggest spike in population, according U.S. Census data.
The Seattle Times revealed that commuters increase Redmond’s population by 111.4 percent—the biggest increase seen in cities with a population of 50,000 or greater. The city has a population of 55,150.
Redmond is home to several large companies, including Microsoft and Nintendo. AT&T Wireless also has an office in the Eastside city.