Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Record Bin Roulette
Thu December 16, 2010
Cheez-its and other life necessiites
Who knew there was even a Cheez-it category, but that's where the Record Bin Roulette wheel landed this week. John Maynard and John Kessler explore the depths of obscure vinyl at their fingertips and dig up the songs that were popular when icons of modern life came to be.
(Click the audio 'play' arrow above to listen to this week's Record Bin Roulette)
Find out what was spinning when the Hula Hoop was all the rage, liposuction, and the TV remote control. That's only the beginning.
Record Bin Roulette has surprising twists and turns as Maynard and Kessler explore the funny way #1 songs and the advent of life's necessities (like Cheez-its) came to be.